Integrity Health Spa, LLC
Norvell Airbrush Tanning Before and After Care Instructions
Why Choose Norvell?
- Natural color results for any skin type
- Norvell formulations offer a beautiful instant bronze with a smooth transition to a natural looking DHA tan. Results are natural across a broad spectrum of skin shades and tones.
- Not just a tan, it’s a healthy skin treatment too!
- Skin firming formula builds and restores the skins’ matrix reducing fine lines and wrinkles. Our highly concentrated antioxidant blend aids in the reversal of daily skin damage.
- Guaranteed fast drying, non-sticky, streak-free formula
- No “orange” color development & DHA negative odor control
- Lasting results
- Clients can expect 5-7 days of gorgeous “just off the beach” color with proper maintenance. Even fading makes for complete customer satisfaction.
Anyone can walk in and get and airbrush tan but without the proper prep and post care your airbrush will not be as true a color & will not last as long. Following these steps assures any client a natural looking tan that will last 5-7days.
1. PREP 24-48 HOURS BEFORE SESSION (for best results 48 hours)
a. Exfoliate! Exfoliate! Exfoliate! I cannot overstress the importance of pre-session exfoliation to clear away any dry, dead skin cells. For best results use a PH Balancing exfoliant like Norvell Sea Coral Salt Scrub or Norvell body scrub. Areas that are not properly exfoliated may result in dark patches. If this occurs after your “rinse” exfoliate only these areas.
b. Avoid using bar soaps, high ph. shower products or in shower moisturizers. These products can neutralize the DHA bronzing reaction within the skin.
c. Any waxing or shaving should be completed 24 hours prior to session
2. DAY OF SESSION
a. Don’t create Sunless barriers.
- You don’t want to apply anything to the skin that may act as a barrier between the sunless solution and the skin. Deep penetration is the key to beautiful lasting color. Do not apply lotions, creams or perfumes prior to session. Use deodorant if needed sparingly, if can go without.
b. Remove any make up prior to sunless application
c. Wear loose fitting dark clothing and remove jewelry. Tight clothing can rub or smear bronzers, especially around the knees, elbows, waist and chest (bra) area.
d. You will be extremely dark after your session and will progressively get darker throughout the day. This is due to the bronzers in the solution. Once you “rinse” you will not be as dark, and will have a more realistic looking tan.
3. IMMEDIATELY PRIOR TO SESSION
a. I will apply a PH Balancing spray to stabilize the skins’ PH and provide a quick moisture surge to the skin. Having the proper skin PH boosts DHA development, speeding result times and
creating a deeper, darker tan. Having a stable ph. combats the dreaded “orange effect”
4. AFTER SESSION CARE
a. Once dry, I will apply Hydrafirm to seal sunless results and boost DHA reaction.
b. Avoid water and sweating for at least 4 hours (for minimum results). The FULL darkness of the color chosen will take 24 hours to produce. Waiting as close to those 24 hours as possible is best but not required. Clients waiting 8-12 hours is good, 12-16 hours is better and 16–24 hours is best. If you feel this is too long then we do have an upgraded service where you can shower in as
little as 1-3 hours and still get the best results for your color.
c. When your chosen time is up you are going to do a warm water rinse ONLY! NO PRODUCTS USED DURING YOUR RINSE. Just let your skin air dry or pat with a towel, (no rubbing your skin with the towel). Your color will fully appear 24 hours from your spray time.
d. After the 24 hour you may take a “normal” airbursh shower.
e. After your “normal” airbrush shower if you have any spots that need to be touched-up please call and I will do so.
-Normal Airbrush Shower:
- use mild products, apply soap in hand not on washcloth or sponge and no direct
- bar soap to skin.
- no exfoliation scrubs or sponges as they will take your tan away
- use warm water, but not too hot as it will dry out your skin
- pat or air dry no rubbing.
- You may shave and shampoo
- make sure to use a moisturizer after each shower to help extend your tan. Norvell prolong lotion is recommended as it deposits some color with each use and extends your tan while moisturizing. Your Airbrush Tan should not be in any way restricting just follow these tips to keep your tan at its best.
- Your tan is on the top layers of your skin so if you use a hot tub or chlorinated pool which will dry out your skin make sure to rinse off chemicals after and apply a moisturizer if you don’t your tan is likely to fade faster due to dry skin.
- You can get a tan while you have the Norvell Airbrush Tan on but it does not have any protection from sunburning like a regular tan so make sure to wear spf.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call me! Your tan is a reflection of my work and I want you to look perfect!